Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Aerica is 13


So it has been a year since my last post, 365 days of change. It would be fair to say I am a different person today than I was a year ago. I am now a divorced, single Mom, attempting to adjust to this new role. I resisted this route as long as possible, but found myself without another option. Over the last year I have tried to locate the remnants of the girl I was before the trials of my marriage made me unrecognizable to myself. I searched for the strengths I had lost, or the ones that had been broken and forgotten. I have found them. I have also found new undeveloped strengths, qualities that are born in times of trials. So, along with some of the former me, and some of the freshly found me, a new, strong, independent me has emerged with full force.

To those who have stood beside me, cried with me, supported me, Thank you. To those who have made me laugh, made me feel beautiful, held my hand, Thank you. The words of comfort, care and encouragement have been vital in my survival and I can never express the gratitude I feel in my heart for this. Thank you again.

Now where was I, Oh yeah, Aerica is 13. This engaging growing girl is the light of my life. She is witty, kind, and smart. She is caring, and has become one of my best friends. This past year she has endured a whirlwind of change, and has weathered it beautifully. She is an example to me every day, and I have tried to be an example to her. Her soft words of encouragment will forever be ingrained in my memory. I love you Aerica.

Aerica is the typical teen. She loves to go to the mall and "hang out" with her friends.

Her favorite car is a "slug bug". She wants a convertible one. When she saw one at the mall, she HAD to sit in it!




9 comments:

herofanfamily said...

Nice to see ya on again! Have a great day

Angie said...

Becky - I am so sorry! I had no idea that you were going through this...
I missed reading your blog and am so glad you are back! Would love to go to lunch and catch up! :) Aerica has really grown up and is a beautiful young lady. She has awesome hair too! :) I think it's wonderful that you have such a close relationship with her!

Ben and Darci said...

Ummmm, your daughter is like really, really cute! And she pulls the same faces as you. That's funny :) Glad you are feeling whole and beautiful and awesome...you deserve this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Why is ur last name still Shumway?

Anonymous said...

Shumway,
I'm so glad your keepin up on the blog. I thought you dissapeared there for a bit. I love you.... so good to see you the other day:) your daughter is beautiful by the way:) looks just like her mommy

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! New post... Take a pic of all these wonderful things and show us what it's really like caught off guard.
No Cleaning... GO!
#1 Kitchen
#2 Fridge
#3 bathroom
#4 Self Portrait -as is, no getting ready
#5 Favorite room
#6 your closet
#7 Favorite Shoes
#8 Your little one...
#9 Laundry Room
#10 Dream Vacation Destination

Now tag all your friends in a comment!

Loren and Denese said...

Becky, You are a beautiful woman and I am a better person for knowing you!! You are a stronger more capable woman than the one I met and I am honored to call you my friend. Your kids are very lucky to have such a great mother in their lives and they will grow up to be strong adults caus of you!! Thank you for all your love and support in my life and I wish only the best for you and your wonderful children!! Now clear your schedule so we can make a quilt!! Love ya tons!!

Hogue Family said...

Becky you are one strong amazing lady and even though I havnt seen you for a long time I feel like we became great friends!!! not sure how to even get ahold of you but would love to go to lunch and catch up on life:) your kid are growing up so fast and are so cute!!! hope to hear back from you some time love ya my friend <3 Karen Hogue find me on face book:)

Unknown said...

We pneumatic products manufacture several

products, including solenoid valves,air control valves, piston air cylinder, Pneumatic Air Filter and some

pneumatic accessories. Most of goods are exported to USA, Europe and Asia. And they are

widely used on electronic, pharmaceutical, food processing, packaging, medical and

automotive industries. Visit: www.xinyipneumatic.com

SHUMWAY ADVENTURES 2009