Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Exciting New World of Boy Scouts

I have been introduced to Boy Scouts. Having been raised with no brothers, and no experience with boy scouts this is all new to me. Cy just had his first "pack" meeting. The whole family went and we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows around a camp fire, they introduced Cy to the pack and their families and did boy scout cheers. Cy absolutely loved it. He looks forward to his Wednesday scout meetings and this week he had his space derby. He shaped, sanded, and painted a rocket. They take turns racing them on a string, he won all three of his races and got the "lightning" award. This whole scout thing in strange and new to me, but so far, so good. I guess Cy and I will both learn as we go.


2 comments:

lisalisalisa said...

Yay!! How fun for Cy, and a great learning experience for your family since you're all such city folk. hmmmm...? ;)

Faires Five said...

Ah....what a handsome lil nephew I have!!

SHUMWAY ADVENTURES 2009