Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Point

For fall break we took the kids to Thanksgiving point. We saw the 3D movie about bugs, perfect for my kids. If you know my kids very well, you know they are all crazy about any kind of bugs, but especially preying mantis. Jessie collects the cocoons and keeps them so they will hatch. Don't tell, but I try to find them all and throw them away. So far no hatching babies in the house! Well, the bug movie has a story about a preying mantis, it shows it hatch and all the thousands of other babies hatch out of the cocoon too. In the quiet theater, my mesmerized 6 year old, with her giant 3D glasses on, whispers to herself "my dream come true". Chad and I just looked at each other, choking back our laughter. My kids loved it, we had a good day.



2 comments:

herofanfamily said...

That is so funny. Jessie is so cute. My kids collect those coccons too, so far they haven't brought them in the house. That's all we need is hundreds of praying mantis crawling around the house, YUCK!!

Faires Five said...

eeewwwhhh!!! Maybe you should have Jessie's next birthday party at the bean museum haha!! But I love the glasses :)

SHUMWAY ADVENTURES 2009